Monday, July 1, 2013

Out of surgery

     Surgery took about an hour, and another half hour for her to wake up so we could go in and see her. Of course she was screaming for me. As soon as the nurse handed her to me she started to calm down. Then she cried telling me her belly hurt and wanted to take her belly button off :( Nurse gave her more pain meds then she fell asleep. That's when I cried, and cried, and cried some more, waiting until she was asleep so she wouldn't see ME hurting. They wanted me to put her in the crib to transport her upstairs, and I told them no, that would make her extremely upset and that I would carry her while they pushed me in a wheelchair. They grudgingly obliged. She was calm and awake the whole ride up.
     Once we got upstairs I sat in the chair still holding her, she complained of pain again, so they gave her morphine, which seemed to help. Then her face started to flush and her body temp started rising. Nurse took her temp and it was 99.7. We put a cool rag on her head. She said that made it feel better. Then she asked me to lay down with her. I told the nurse that I would be climbing up in the crib to lay with her, that I was not going to let her lay by herself, because again, that would have made Willow super upset. She always wants her mommy next to her, and she knows I always will be. Apparently the hospital has a policy for any child under 3 to be in a crib, and not a regular bed. They do however, have a waiver that's available for a parent to sign if the parents want their children under 3 in a bed. Obviously the reason for us would be so its more comfortable for me to sleep right next her. I would have gladly slept in the crib if there was no other option, I've done it before. Thankfully now she has a nice big bed that we both can fit in. She is resting now, her face seems less flushed, so I will let her sleep. My absolutely, perfect, amazing, courageous, princess ❤
 

No comments:

Post a Comment