Friday, July 5, 2013

Home

So after a roller coaster of a ride at the hospital, we are home. We've had some bumps, but I think we are finally settling into a routine. The first night at the hospital when they started her feeds, she wasn't tolerating them, so we had to start over. She seems to be tolerating them all now though, which I am so very excited about. Her little tummy just wasn't used to being so full, and having to actually digest so much. I'm still a little concerned though as its day 4 after surgery and she still hasn't had a bowel movement. She had one the day of the surgery, but she was a bit constipated. Tmi, I know, sorry about that. Yesterday I gave her 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, then finally about 2 oz of prune juice right through her g-tube. She wouldn't drink it for me, so now I have an advantage and can put things right through that magical little tube, even medicine! Boy will that make life easier sometimes. We have a home health nurse that will come by once or twice a week, or anytime I need her really. I am actually quite proud of myself for figuring the feeding pump out, and the way the tube works virtually by myself. The only thing the guy from the medical supply company taught me about the pump was basically how to set the rate, and how to power it off. I watched the nurses very intently anytime they would do anything with her tube, and I absorbed it all. I'm like a sponge that way, thankfully. We even had a clog in the line on our first night and I handled it like a pro! I didn't freak out, stayed calm, and worked it out all by myself, not once even thinking I may need to call the nurse. Yes, I am very proud of myself for that, too.
  I am proudest though, of my amazing, beautiful, perfect, princess Willow. She is handling all of this with so much bravery and strength that I don't think I've ever admired another human being more than I do her. Her courageous little soul makes me so incredibly humbled. Every time she looks at me I can just see the way our Heavenly Father is working through her, she touches peoples hearts, really touches them all the way to their souls. I thank Him every day for giving me the privilege and honor to be her mother. I also pray that He gives *me* the strength and direction I need to help her get through this, although she doesn't seem to need much of my help, she is the strongest girl I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment